Wednesday 27 February 2013

Self-Image 2013

I am Verity. My name means truth. I took that very literally as a child, but not so much anymore.

I am paradoxically both independent and dependent.I am daughter and a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a niece and an auntie. One day I'll be wife and a mother, but not for many years.
I am tactile and affectionate. If I love you, I love you with all my heart. I am desperate to be around you. I am needy. I am touchy feely. I love hugs.

I am an actress and a writer and a linguist. I am an employee. I teach children theatre; confidence, acting, devising, working with scripts. I read and write poetry. It makes me feel individual. I read trashy romance novels, because I find them relaxing and I think they're cute. I turn to bath bombs and lobster-boiling hot baths if I'm having a bad day. I read books of literary worth and enjoy discussing them with others. I have performed in 15 plays over the course of my short life so far. I've been doing drama for 9 years. It's a huge part of who I am, and the green room in my local theatre is like a second home.

I want to travel. I've not travelled much so far, definitely not as much as I'd like to. I've visited France and Spain and two areas of Germany. I've been to Köln's Christmas market and Paris and La Sagrada Familia. I want to visit every continent, but unfortunately I'm no good at saving money. I fritter it away on pretty books, pretty jewellery, pretty tea pots. Sometimes clothes, shoes or food. Mostly chocolate.

I rarely wear make up, except for special occasions. My hair is the longest it has every been, but tomorrow I'm having 10 inches cut off. I'm scared and excited. It's a permanent state. I like to paint my nails, but I bite them when I'm nervous, bored or hungry. I'm not photogenic, but I like to take photos. I like to wear nice clothes and I love earrings. Buying pretty underwear cheers me up on a rough day. I like nice notebooks, pens, any stationary. My favourite books are the old orange editions of penguin. But I don't own any.

I appreciate art, but not canvases painted white.

I love to love and hate to fight.

I like bad tele and bad films and bad books.

I know one day I will be something to be proud of. I am going to be a Cambridge graduate and a translator and I'll have a masters degree. I might not be famous and I might not achieve everything I want to, but I'll be happy.

I have been stressed and down and struggled, but 2013 is the year where things will turn around.

This is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment